INSTRUO – the annual technical fest of IIEST Shibpur (my alma mater) – organized a web development competition called WebD for the first time in 2015. It was a simple enough problem, and I breezed through it easily, and won the first prize.
Award winning competition entry for designing a college library website.
FOR: Competition Entry for WebD event, organized under INSTRUO 2015, at IIEST Shibpur, India.
WHEN: 3rd – 5th April, 2015
“Make a website for the Ramanujan Library of IIEST Shibpur, and show us that even a library may have a very interesting website.” Only front-end design. No backend required.
- Prepare three responsive pages – homepage, catalog page and contact page.
- Homepage portrays services and unique features of the library.
- Catalog page shows books / CDs available, with facility to group, search and sort books.
Full Problem Statement: WebD 2015 Problem Statement
- Front-end only.
- Made Google map colour scheme to match with the website.
- Contact form is progressive and intuitive.
- Easily accessible search bar in all pages.